We want to see word “changing” positively understanding, thinking and implementing with the relevant communities and protecting children and youth to evade the danger of drug-using and sexual exploitation and violence.
Children and youth can be:
* Vulnerability: Method for prevention and protection
* Victims: Method for rehabilitation
The use of existing mechanism for preventing children and youth
A. Organizing workshop
1. Theme: needs of communities and topic of workshop
2. Composition of target group and participants (children and youth)
3. Key persons: supporting the communities and program (local authorities and laypeople in communities to discuss and to support the project)
4. Inviting participants and presiding boards in opening program (composition of participants minimum 30, medium 60 and maximum 80)
5. Place: Admission and media supplies
6. Workshop budget plan
7. Program decoration
B. Activity Process
Workshop at Svaykal Monastery, Kakoh Commune, Santuk District, Kampong Thom Province, June 21st, 2010
Presence of presiding boards and participants
* Proclamation of program process
* National and religious anthem
* The speech of president of CYEO
and potential persons in community
* Returning of the presiding boards
* Program process
C. Program purposes
All participants can discuss the presentation of CYEO president (key concepts on protection, prevention, immoral conduct, violence and sexual exploitation.
1. Participants: they decide to help the children and youth to avoid using the drug, sexual exploitation, violence and immoral conducts.
2. Participant discussion: the participants find out the solutions of root problem to revitalize better activities on Morality, Environment, and Health to the children and youth.
D. Child and Youth aspects in the village (Objective)
What do they encounter any problems in the village?
What do the problems occur for them in everyday life situation?
- Living morality problems
- Environment hygiene
- Family situations
- Financial situations
- Education factors
- Health problems
- Social security
- Behavior problems
- Cultural factors
Living moralityproblems: disturbance, producing louder voices to neighbors
Environment hygiene: sanitation of people’s living
Family situation: family controlling, domestic violence, sexual intercourse problems, educational factors, life situation.
Financial factors: under poverty rates, gambling, and drunkard, lazy in working and lacking of life skills.
E. Relationship Analysis
All these problems, we can see that the vulnerability for children and youth,and concerns of drug-using, sexual exploitation, immoral conduct and violence.
How do they live with poor family and physical development for these problems in the future lives?
It can not be acceptable
When they cannot be acceptable with the situations, where do they go?
They sleep on the streets, in the pagoda, the publics, orphanages, dropout and the slave in houses.
What do they encounter any problems?
They collect the junk; steal the properties, sexual workers,drug-using, and gangsters
How do you feel?
We feel shock, concern, and pity on them.
Can we help them in this situation?
We can help them
Do we decide to help them?
We make the decision to help them
People: Family society can be classified 1 2 3 = ORID
F. Children and youth will become good parents and models
How do then children and youth become good parents and models?
1. Family situation
2. Health factors
3. Morality factors
4. Financial factors
5. Educational factors
Explanation of the words with "Need" and "Want"
Needs of children and youth
- Family factors: warmth, raising their children, mutual understanding, and knowledge
- Good health: good health, sanitation and good atmosphere
- Morality: loving-kindness, mutual understanding and respect, and good reputation.
- Financial factors: sufficient food and proper clothes
- Educational factors: enough money, clothes and study materials
The five needs of humans
- Physiological Needs
- Safety Needs
- Love and Belonging needs
- Esteem Needs from oneself and others
1. Physiological Needs
Financial support, house, clothes, warmth, love, relaxation, loyalty, and welfare
2. Safety Needs
Personal security, health, property, and friendly
3. Love and Belonging needs
Friendship, helpfulness, consultation, and encouragement
4. Esteem Needs from oneself and others
Mutual respects, reputation, dignity, achievement and respect of others
Truth, self-confidence, morality, acceptance of facts, creativity and problem solving.
G. The old people’s activities to the children and youth in family and society
Ex. Parents have less their duties to children in the educational fields
Parents: have to send their children to schools, helping to do the exercising their homework, checking the school’s work, and encouragement.
Teachers: taking the role, sharing the knowledge and providing information to their parents
Neighbors: stimulation and giving the information
Siblings: Instruction, checking school’s work, encouragement, providing them enough chances in learning
Children: Effort, attention in learning, taking parent’s advices, and doing the school’s work
Goal: KAB Knowledge, Attitude, and Behavior
Method: ORID Objective, Reflection, Interpretation, and Decision